View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
General help questions... 
Outfitter

General help questions...
If you have a question about how to make something work on The Hunt Connection just ask here and one of the guys will try to help you out ASAP.
If we notice we are having a lot of the same questions about some specific issue we might start a new topic so look for those too.
Fire Away....

Mastiff puppies at http://www.2ponds.com

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Greenhorn

Post Re: General help questions...
sent an email....questions for following:

-when will app be available so members can use online peg board and possibly upload photographs directly to website

-upload function not working on my account but works fine in SAMPLE CLUB

-how can I delete or edit club or tract info if data incorrect or needs changing

-how do my club members gain access to club website and ability to enter data and upload....is that part of their free service or does every person have to be a paid member? Hoping this can replace my use of ACTINNATURE....but so far it looks like it may compliment but not replace.

-will there be ability to add feeders, game cameras, safety zones or other special areas such as assigned hunting blocks or bowhunting only...or dove fields, waterfowl impoundments, dressing station, gut dump, etc?

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:50 pm
Greenhorn

Ronald_Herman wrote:
sent an email....questions for following:

-when will app be available so members can use online peg board and possibly upload photographs directly to website
-upload function not working on my account but works fine in SAMPLE CLUB
-how can I delete or edit club or tract info if data incorrect or needs changing
-how do my club members gain access to club website and ability to enter data and upload....is that part of their free service or does every person have to be a paid member? Hoping this can replace my use of ACTINNATURE....but so far it looks like it may compliment but not replace.
-will there be ability to add feeders, game cameras, safety zones or other special areas such as assigned hunting blocks or bowhunting only...or dove fields, waterfowl impoundments, dressing station, gut dump, etc?

1- How do my club members get added...do they all have to pay the fee for unlimited use before they can be added to my club or can they register with the free membership and be added?
You as the Huntmaster (the one who sets the club up) have an extra tab on your club screen called “Admin”. This is where you add members to all tracts. Your members can join the hunt connection for free and you can add them at no cost to them. We wanted this site to be free for anyone to participate in record keeping and safety. After they have joined just start typing their name and it will pull up a list of members to choose from matching that name. They can sign in and keep records in your club but cannot change stands or add other people. You as the Huntmaster have control of those features.

2- Will there be any future capability to add Log In area, deer hanging area, camping area, other areas of interest such as labeling areas for assigned hunt blocks for each member or a dove field or bowhunting ONLY areas, feeding stations, game cameras or Safety Zones to the map for representation to members?
We have future plans to incorporate some additional icons like feeders and cameras. Our focus thus far has been on the functionality of folks participating as a group on the property for safety and record keeping so wind patterns and stand success and pressure can be measured and seen. If you have a section of property that is bow hunting only I would suggest creating a tract unto itself that will be listed on the club home screen as a sub-tract where it could be named and kept separate. You can even add a separate membership group if needed. You also edit your stands and map boundaries from the tract level.

3- The Upload function on my Club Updates page does not work...it works great in the SAMPLE CLUB area but in the actual paid area for my club (Lodgehole) it is inoperative. Clicking the hyperlink does nothing.

The function of this button is to upload photos like kills and game cam photos that you want to share with the club. I know if you upload 65 or so pictures it will not work until you delete some photos out of the gallery on your member page. ****Tested 7/16/13****...working properly

4- What is the link for the Android/I-Phone app that will allow online peg board use and uploading of photographs to website club directly? Will it be on Google Play Store as actual app?

We have been beta testing the app to save some time… We hope to have it on the play store ect this fall. We hope to have the app be a super quick way to sign in to a stand. My record is signing in to a stand via the web on my smart phone is 22 seconds. Quicker than unlocking the gate.

5-Hoping this can replace my use of ACTINNATURE....but so far it looks like it may compliment but not replace.
We are more of an interactive set of Hunt Club tools that provide synergy for Quality Deer Management that provide real world data like buck to doe ratio, stand statistics (wind), and an interactive kill/activity log to allow folks to improve the deer herd on their property or hunt club.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 pm
Greenhorn

Ronald_Herman wrote:

Email suport@thehuntconnection.com to have a club deleted. This point of finality was removed from general access because of the frequency of it being done accidentally and once done is permanent and all records are removed from the database. :o
Only the club owner can request this for a club. Stands can be added or deleted and boundaries can be changed in the "Admin" function of the club tools.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Greenhorn

How about limiting non club members to see club info? Had a non member ask me a lot of questions about property lines and stands and found out he can see everything even though he is not a member.

Would be nice for this info only to be viewable by actual members.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:36 pm
Greenhorn

The only thing they can see is stuff on the map. They can not see any club records or kills or information of that nature. Because of the agreement with Google, our maps must stay in the open viewable to folks as to not invalidate the API Key agreement. When we get enough members and can pay the astronomical figure they want per year to make them private we will.
Really though until then, aside from stand locations nothing is visible here that is not public record. Tax maps on line show property lines, Google and Bing maps are out there for anyone to see. Another way to look at it is that folks know this property is hunted and patrolled and the likely-hood of getting caught trespassing is high. Poachers are going to hunt on you if they want to regardless of what you do. They are just scum. Until they are busted this site is of little consequence to what they make up their minds to do.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:19 pm
Greenhorn

We have members who forget to close out their hunts...how do we go back and edit them to show deer sightings and such?

Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:51 pm
Outfitter

yes this can be an issue for any club. Some members are slack and don't care as much about the accuracy of their input and realize that each contribution if sightings is building statistics for every stand. Even if you have no sightings those records help also.
The records can only be finished by the individual hunter. If they have mounted up to where the hunter does not remember what was seen he can delete the records by... ...selecting the record
....mouse over the "*" at the head of the record label (in the gray box)
...select delete
***This can not be undone***

Attachments:
delete record1.jpg
delete record1.jpg [ 150.01 KiB | Viewed 11272 times ]

Mastiff puppies at http://www.2ponds.com
Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]