Conditions of Use
These terms are effective as of October 19, 2012
The The Hunt Connection Site is not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. By using the The Hunt Connection Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. If you are not at least 18 years of age, do not access, use or register on the The Hunt Connection Site. In the event we become aware you are under 18, we will terminate your registration.
From time to time some of the content appearing on the The Hunt Connection Site or other The Hunt Connection-affiliated websites may be directed toward children. The Hunt Connection urges all parents and guardians to monitor and supervise their children's use of this Website and the Internet in general.
Changes to the The Hunt Connection Site
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password; you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and password, whether or not you authorize such activities. Any User ID and password for your access to the The Hunt Connection Site shall be for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your User ID or password of which you become aware, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
Use of the Site/License/Services
The Hunt Connection grants you a limited license to make personal use of the The Hunt Connection Site. This license grant does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the The Hunt Connection Site or content therein; (b) the collection and use of any product listings or descriptions; (c) making derivative uses of the The Hunt Connection Site and its contents; or (d) use of any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods on the The Hunt Connection Site. Except as noted above, Users of the The Hunt Connection Site are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of The Hunt Connection or any third party.
You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any The Hunt Connection trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including the images found at this Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without The Hunt Connection' express written consent. Further, you may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing a The Hunt Connection name, trademark, or product name without The Hunt Connection' express written consent.
Any unauthorized use of the The Hunt Connection Site will terminate the permission or license granted by these Terms and may violate applicable law including copyright laws, trademark laws (including trade dress), and communications regulations and statutes. All violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Permitted uses of the The Hunt Connection Site include soliciting opinions, ideas and other input from Users; sharing ideas and opinions with other Users, searching the The Hunt Connection Site for User Content (as defined herein) and business or product information, and purchasing goods or services from the The Hunt Connection Site for personal use, not for resale. You may also invite people you know to join the The Hunt Connection Site. You acknowledge and agree that we do not control the User Content posted to the The Hunt Connection Site, or any links to other websites, including the content of any messages posted by Users, and that we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any User Content. You further understand and agree that (i) we do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements or other User Content posted on or otherwise displayed on or transmitted via the The Hunt Connection Site, or (ii) we do not make any promises, guarantees or warranties with respect to any of the User Content or products, services, information, content or materials featured or mentioned on the The Hunt Connection Site. All User Content, including advice and opinions posted by Users, comprises the views and responsibility of those who post such User Content, and does not necessarily represent the views of The Hunt Connection. You understand that, by using the The Hunt Connection Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY USE, CONTINUED USE OR RELIANCE ON ANY USER CONTENT, ANY ERROR OR OMISSION IN ANY USER CONTENT, ANY CLAIM THAT ANY USER CONTENT IS DEFAMATORY, LIBELOUS OR VIOLATES ANY RIGHT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ANY AND ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, CONTRIBUTION TO, USE OF AND/OR RELIANCE ON USER CONTENT.
Restrictions on Rights to Use
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice contained in or on the The Hunt Connection Site;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the The Hunt Connection Site;
- collect any information about other Users (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to solicit and/or share reviews with other Users;
- reformat or frame any portion of any Web pages that are part of the The Hunt Connection Site;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- create or transmit to other Users unsolicited electronic communications, such as "spam," or otherwise interfere with other Users' enjoyment of the The Hunt Connection Site;
- submit to the The Hunt Connection Site any content that falsely states or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by us;
- transmit or upload to the The Hunt Connection Site any item containing or embodying any virus, worm, defect, Trojan horse, software bomb or other feature designed to damage or degrade in any manner the performance of the The Hunt Connection Site, any other Web site, or any computer or other device or system, or the enjoyment of the The Hunt Connection Site by any User;
- use the The Hunt Connection Site to violate the security of or gain unauthorized access to any computer or computer network or other device or system (including unauthorized attempts to discover passwords or security encryption codes);
- submit to the The Hunt Connection Site any content that is unlawful or facilitates, constitutes, promotes or encourages illegal activity; or otherwise use the The Hunt Connection Site to transfer or store illegal material, including any material deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any User Content offered on the The Hunt Connection Site other than for your personal, non-commercial use;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large data or traffic load on the The Hunt Connection Site or the IT infrastructure used to operate and make the The Hunt Connection Site available;
- use the The Hunt Connection Site and/ or any User Content, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law; or
- collect or store personal data about other Users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
User Content Posted on the The Hunt Connection Site
- You may not post, upload or transmit any User Content that (i) infringes or otherwise violates any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity or privacy right or other proprietary right of any party, or (ii) is proprietary to a third party, without such third party's prior written consent.
- You are solely responsible for any User Content you post, publish or display on the The Hunt Connection Site or transmit to Users. We reserve the right, but undertake no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and any other User, or any other entity or individual, in connection with the The Hunt Connection Site. You are solely responsible for the resolution of any disputes that arise between you and any other User or any other entity or individual.
- You will post only User Content you believe in good faith to be true and accurate, and you will not post to the The Hunt Connection Site any User Content that is false, inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent.
- If you are employed by The Hunt Connection or if you have received or will receive any compensation or consideration from The Hunt Connection, including but not limited to product samples, directly or indirectly in exchange for any opinion, endorsement, review or critique that you post, upload or transmit on the The Hunt Connection Site, you must clearly and conspicuously disclose the nature of your connection to The Hunt Connection.
- You understand that The Hunt Connection may be working on the same or a similar idea or concept to any ideas, expression of ideas or other materials you submit within your User Content, or that The Hunt Connection may already know of such an idea or concept from other sources, or that The Hunt Connection may simply wish to develop this (or a similar Idea) on its own or it may have taken/will take some other action.
- In return for your access to and use of the The Hunt Connection Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to the terms enumerated below with respect to any User Content you submit on the The Hunt Connection Site:
- To the best of your knowledge, the User Content represents your own original work, you have all necessary rights to disclose the User Content to The Hunt Connection and in doing so The Hunt Connection' use of the User Content will not infringe upon any other individual's or entity's rights.
- You understand that disclosure of your User Content to The Hunt Connection does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate The Hunt Connection to treat the User Content (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that The Hunt Connection has no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your User Content and that no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of User Content, or other content derived from your User Content. You understand that The Hunt Connection assumes no obligation with respect to any User Content. For your own protection, we assume that you will rely on whatever patent protection you may want to secure, or have already secured, in your idea. In the absence of a separate formal contact, your rights shall be limited to those existing under the patent laws of the United States.
- If your User Content is the subject of a pending or issued patent, you have disclosed or will disclose that fact to The Hunt Connection
- You understand that, except to the extent that these terms are superseded by a separate agreement in writing by you and The Hunt Connection, you hereby irrevocably release and forever discharge The Hunt Connection and its affiliates and subsidiaries from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against The Hunt Connection and its affiliates and subsidiaries or their respecting successors and assigns with respect to the User Content, including without limitation in respect of how The Hunt Connection and its affiliates and subsidiaries, directly or indirectly, use the User Content, with the sole exception in respect of the foregoing release and discharge being your right to bring a claim of patent infringement.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of User Content that is illegal and/or is prohibited on or through the The Hunt Connection Site. You may not post any User Content that:
- is patently offensive to Users, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person or User;
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive;
- is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; or
- seeks, or recommends providers of, material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or seeks or recommends providers that solicit personal information from anyone under 18.
If you believe any User Content or any other aspect of the The Hunt Connection Site infringes your copyright, you should send written notice of copyright infringement to our designated copyright agent at the address given below. Your notice must meet the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (as required under 17 U.S.C. §512) by providing the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the The Hunt Connection Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright at issue or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright at issue.
Our designated copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the The Hunt Connection Site may be reached at the following address:
The Hunt Connection LLC
850 Sayre Road
Pauline, SC 29374
Or by email: suport@TheHuntConnection.com
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) pursuant to a Digital Millennium Copyright Act notice we received is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent at the address listed above:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Cook County, Illinois, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, The Hunt Connection may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at The Hunt Connection' sole discretion.
Any trademarks, service marks, and other marks and indicators of source or origin that are displayed on the The Hunt Connection Site are the proprietary property of The Hunt Connection or our respective licensors, as applicable. None of such marks may be used in connection with any other product or service in a manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, or to disparage or discredit the owner of such mark or its affiliates. Any trademarks of third parties that appear on the The Hunt Connection Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us. You may not use, copy, modify or display any of the trademarks, service marks, names or logos appearing on the The Hunt Connection Site without the express written permission of the trademark owner.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, AND OF ANY USER CONTENT, INFORMATION, ADVICE, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND THAT ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE MAKE NO, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, OPERATION AND/OR USE OF THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USER CONTENT PROVIDED VIA THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, AND ALL OTHER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. IN ADDITION, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT ACCESSIBLE VIA THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS THEREIN OR FOR ANY ADVERSE CONSEQUENCES RESULTING FROM USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY ASPECT OF THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USER CONTENT AND ALL OTHER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE. FURTHER, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES THAT THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE OR THE USER CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM US OR THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE HUNT CONNECTION OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OR THE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL OR REVENUE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF DATA) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, RELIANCE ON, UNAVAILABILITY OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR IMPROPER USE OF THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USER CONTENT, REVIEWS, ADVICE, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, OR THE DISCLOSURE OR MISUSE OF ANY USER'S PERSONAL INFORMATION, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE. IN ANY EVENT, THE HUNT CONNECTION' RESPECTIVE TOTAL MAXIMUM LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE OR ANY PART THEREOF, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USER CONTENT, REVIEWS, ADVICE, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND OTHER INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR DESCRIBED ON THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100.00). THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN.
Third Party Advertisements and Links to Third Party Sites
We may display advertisements from third parties on The Hunt Connection Site, such as banner advertisements, pop-up texts, and links to third party sites. We are not responsible for the content of such advertisements or links, or for any products, services or other materials relating to such advertisements, any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site. The display of any advertisement or link does not imply endorsement by us of the advertisement or linked site or any content therein. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY USE, CONTINUED USE OR RELIANCE ON ANY ADVERTISEMENT DISPLAYED ON THE HUNT CONNECTION SITE, ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS RELATING TO ANY SUCH ADVERTISEMENT, ANY LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITE, OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE.
The Hunt Connection charges sales tax for merchandise ordered on The Hunt Connection Site based on the applicable state sales tax rate of the location to which the order is being shipped.
Some products offered through the Hunt Connection Websites may be fulfilled by third party merchants, such as The Hunt Connection Marketplace items. Third party merchants' shipping and delivery policies may differ from those offered by The Hunt Connection. When ordering a product sold by a third party merchant, you should check the third party merchant's page for details on their shipping and delivery policies.
The Hunt Connection reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services which the sale or use of such product and/or service in your state or jurisdiction is restricted or prohibited.
To properly serve all customers, The Hunt Connection reserves the right to limit quantities of orders to only one (1) of any such item(s) purchased. The Hunt Connection further reserves the right to cancel multiple orders of any limited quantity item purchased by the same User and/or shipped to the same delivery address. Commercial use of the The Hunt Connection site is expressly prohibited. The Hunt Connection reserves the right to cancel any orders that it determines in its sole discretion are made for commercial resale purposes.
The Hunt Connection may display advertising prints for products sold through a The Hunt Connection Site. The Hunt Connection attempts to display the colors of the products shown on the The Hunt Connection Site as accurately as possible. However, we cannot guarantee that the color you see matches the product color, as the display color depends, in part, upon the monitor used by you.
Pricing errors may occur on the Hunt Connection site from time to time, on items sold by The Hunt Connection, or items sold by third party merchants on The Hunt Connection Marketplace. The Hunt Connection attempts to correct all pricing errors as soon as they are discovered, or as soon as The Hunt Connection receives notice of an error. The Hunt Connection reserves the right to cancel any orders containing pricing errors, with no further obligations to you, even after your receipt of an order confirmation or shipping notice from The Hunt Connection. Any payments you make to The Hunt Connection for orders that are cancelled due to pricing errors will be refunded.
Returns and Cancellations
Orders you submit online may be cancelled until they are processed. Orders with a status of "Processing" may not be cancelled, and you must wait until your receive the Merchandise in order to return it. Products fulfilled by third party merchants, such as items sold by The Hunt Connection Marketplace sellers, are subject to the third party merchant's individual returns and cancellations policies. If you are purchasing an item from a third party merchant, please see the third party merchant's page for details.
Contact and Violations
One or more patents may apply to this Web site, including without limitation: U.S. Patent Nos. 5,528,490; 5,761,649; 6,029,142; and 5,970,474.
Before beginning any project, review the instructions carefully, and if any doubts or questions remain, consult local professionals or authorities. Because local codes and regulations vary greatly, you should always check with local authorities to ensure that your project complies with all applicable codes and regulations. Always read and observe all of the safety precautions provided by any tool or equipment manufacturer, and follow all accepted safety procedures. What follows are reminders, although not an exhaustive list, of safety measures you should be aware of if undertaking home improvements yourself. They are not substitutes for your own caution, care, good judgment and common sense.
- Always read container labels on paints, solvents, and other products; provide ventilation, and observe all other warnings.
- Always read the manufacturer's user's manual for using a tool, especially the warnings. You should not use tools until the owner's manual is received and reviewed thoroughly.
- Always pay deliberate attention to how a tool works so that you can avoid being injured. Do not try to force them to do what they were not designed to do.
- Always keep your hands away from the business ends of blades, cutters, and bits.
- Never work with any tools when you are tired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never cut tiny pieces of wood or pipe using a power saw. Cut small pieces off larger pieces.
- Never work in insufficient lighting.
- Never work with dull tools. Have them sharpened, or learn how to sharpen them yourself.
- Never saw a surface that spans a large distance between horses without close support on each side of the cut; the piece can bend, closing on and jamming the blade, causing saw kickback.
- Never support a surface from underneath with your leg or other part of your body when working.
- Always use hold-downs and push sticks whenever possible when working on a table saw. Avoid working short pieces if you can.
- Always make sure that any adjustment is locked before proceeding.
Wear the Correct Gear:
- Wear rubber or work gloves when handling chemicals, moving or stacking lumber, or doing heavy construction.
- Wear eye protection, especially when using power tools or striking metal on metal or concrete.
- Use a special-purpose tool belt with leather pockets and holders if you want to carry sharp or pointed tools, such as knives, awls or chisels. Never carry such tools in your pockets.
- Wear a disposable facemask when you create dust by sawing or sanding. Use a special filtering respirator when working with toxic substances and solvents.
- Never work while wearing loose clothing, hanging hair, open cuffs, or jewelry.
Power Tool Precautions:
- Always be sure that the electrical setup is safe; be sure that no circuit is overloaded and that all power tools and electrical outlets are properly grounded. Do not use power tools in wet locations.
- Always remove the key from any drill chuck (portable or press) before starting the drill.
- Always clamp small pieces firmly to a bench or other work surface when using a power tool on them.
- Always be aware that your body's reflexes probably are not fast enough to save you from injury from a power tool in a dangerous situation. Be alert!
- Always hold a circular saw firmly, usually with both hands so that you know where they are.
- Always use a drill with an auxiliary handle to control the torque when large-size bits are used.
- Never change a movable part such as a saw blade, a drill or router bit unless the power cord is unplugged. Do not depend on the switch being off; you might accidentally hit it.
- Never use a power tool on a surface - large or small - that is not firmly supported.